Saturday, August 30, 2008

Life Changes

Well, this is definitely a life change...Sarah posting on the blog instead of Zak. Something new and different. There have actually been quite a few life changes going on in our family this last week and a half. Many of you are already aware of the fact that Zak's dad died very unexpectedly last Thursday. We are thankful for all the prayers and support as our family navigates this life change. Jacob and Hannah have great memories with Grandpa, and I already catch them reminiscing about things they remember or discussing things they will miss. The kids have experienced quite a bit of loss in their short little lives and it is interesting for me to watch how their grief process has developed and changed (not really something you want your kids to have to get good at...I'm realizing that is developing certain characteristic in them that I didn't have at their age. I start to wonder what God is preparing them for) I am so thankful for family and faith as we go through this life. We were very blessed to be able to be back in Minnesota for a few days, completely surrounded with God's love and care, and the love and care of our family. Once Zak gets home, we'll have to post some of our pictures from our time there.

Another life change that has taken place this week is the beginning of "All Day School" for BOTH the kids. Since the week has been a bit chaotic, it is a little hard to tell what this is exactly like. I'm teacher aiding in Hannah's classroom part of the day. That has been fun and neat to see how she interacts in her classroom and with her teacher. Jacob seems to be really enjoying being at school all day and the things he gets to do this year. I am excited for this school year and what it holds!

I'm at a loss for anything else to fill you in on right now. I don't have the same knack for writing as Zak, but now you a few details about our life recently.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is Daniel (not Sarah); but we both are sure praying for you and your family. And Zak; we were ROARING at the blog about the midgets. Anytime you want to start an online scrabble game I'm ready!

Michele said...

Sarah-

Kathy had mentioned that you had started a blog. I was reading baby Analise's blog where I connected to yours.

Been thinking about you guys a lot lately. Hugs to all of you. You are in my prayers.
Me-Shell